Shots of Three Points: The three point shots have become an increasingly popular resource in basketball. The players every day choose to use the long distance shot, thus avoiding possible injuries or simply unnecessary contacts when attacking the ring.
The NBA is considered the best basketball league in the world and in it we can find outstanding players, Lebron James, James Harden. The owner of the best beard of the NBA, Kyrie Irving and many more, each of these players are excellent three-point shooters and they show it in every game in which they participate.
However, if we talk about three points, we immediately get the name of a single player, Stephen Curry and his three-point shot show. This player is a teacher in the line of three, and that is why many of the other players admire him and try to imitate him. We want to have the same percentage of triples that he has, but this requires knowledge about this resource.
WHAT IS A THREE – POINT THROW?
According to the basketball regulations, a shot with a value of three points is considered when it is made from the back of the line of three points. If the shot is made by touching the line, the value of this will be two points, this is because it is considered that the entire white line is part of the middle zone of the rival ring. This line may have variations according to the tournament that is being held.
HOW MUCH DOES THE THREE-POINT LINE MEASURE AT FIBA AND NBA?
The 2017 FIBA basketball regulations tell us:
- The zone of basket of 3 points of a team is all the field of game except the space near the basket of the opponents, that includes and is delimited.
- The 2 parallel lines that start from the bottom line and perpendicular to it, with its farthest edge 0.90 meters from the inner edge of the lateral lines.
- An arc with a radius of 6.75 meters measured from the projection on the playing field of the exact center of the basket to the outer edge of the arc. The distance between this point and the inner edge of the center of the bottom line is 1,575 meters. The arch joins with the parallel lines.
- The 3-point line is not part of the 3-point basket zone.
While in the NBA the three-point zone is a little farther from the ring, since it is 7.24 meters away, we are talking about 0.49 centimeters difference, something a bit far for those of us who play with FIBA Rules.
HOW TO MAKE THREE POINTS IN THE BASKETBALL
To improve your shots of three points there are some elements that must be taken into account when training and shooting the hoop.
1. TRUST YOUR SHOT
In the first place, this element should always be there, because it does not matter if you train all day, if you do not have confidence in yourself and in your shot then you will never be able to be a good long distance shooter. Train and trust the results.
2. STABILITY OF SHOT TO BASKET
To achieve a good balance it is important that you train the upper or core train as some call it. The abdomen is important for balance, so doing a series of crunches every two days will have a positive impact on your stability and help you triple more easily.
3. CORRECT SHOOTING MECHANICS FOR TRIPLETS
After investigating and bit watching some sessions on how to shoot the hoop, I found this excellent guide that explains correctly and in detail the positions you need to throw the ball correctly in basketball.
These are the ways a player uses to make a three shot in the basket ball game. Rather than seeing all the other stuff you can simply use our guides and know about the complete overview of the basketball game. These guides will help you to improve the game much more.